Equipment Rental Terms & Conditions
1. GENERAL For the purposes of these terms the ‘Company’ will be interpreted as SCAN PRODUCTIONS. The ‘Customer’ will be interpreted as an individual or external company renting from the Company. The ‘Equipment’ or ‘Goods’ will be interpreted as all items which are hired to the Customer by the Company.
2. NEW CUSTOMERS All new customers must provide relevant ID upon collection of the Equipment. A passport or drivers licence and a current utility bill with proof of name and address must be provided.
3. CARE OF GOODS The Customer agree to take care and not to interfere with the hired Goods, their working mechanisms or any other parts of them and take reasonable care of them and only use them for their proper purpose in a lawful, safe and correct manner in accordance with any operating and/or safety instructions provided or supplied to the Customer and to notify the Company immediately after any breakdown, loss and/or damage.
The Customer agree to take adequate and proper measures to protect the hired Goods from theft, damage and/or other risks and notify the Company of any change of the Customers address and upon the Companies request provide details of the locations of the Hire Goods and permit us at all reasonable times to inspect the Hire Goods, including procuring access to any property where the Hire Goods are situated.
The Customer agrees to keep the Hire Goods at all times in their possession and control and not to remove the Hire Goods from the Ireland without the Companies prior written consent and be responsible for the conduct and cost of any testing, examinations and/or checks in relation to the Hire Goods required by any legislation, best practice and/or any operating instructions except to the extent that we have agreed to provide them as a part of any Services.
The Customer agrees not to do or omit to do anything which will or may be deemed to invalidate any policy of insurance related to the Goods, not to continue to use the Goods where they have been damaged and will notify the Company immediately if the Goods are involved in any incident resulting in damage to or loss of the Goods, other property and/or injury to any person.
The Customer agrees that the Goods must by returned by the Customer in good working order and condition (fair wear and tear excepted) and in a clean condition (every day grime excepted) together with all insurance policies, licenses, registration and other documents relating to the Goods.
4. PAYMENT All rentals must be paid for in full at the time of collection. Certain Good may need a security deposit, this deposit will be returned at the end of the rental period. In the event of the Customer returning the Goods in a damaged or unacceptable condition the Company will have the right to retain the said deposit (or so much thereof as may be necessary for the purpose) in or toward compensation for the loss of or damage to any equipment taken out by the Customer.
All Goods must be returned by 12 noon on the return date unless otherwise agreed – extra hire charges may apply for late returns.
5. DELIVERY, COLLECTION AND SERVICES It is the responsibility of the Customer to collect the hire goods from the Company. The Company may be able to deliver the Goods for a fee. The Customer is responsible for the acts or omissions of their agents, employees, sub-contractors or any other person who acts on their behalf under this agreement. The Customer is also responsible for the acts or omissions of the Companies staff and agents where they are acting under the Customers direction, instructions, guidance or advice.
The Customer will provide sufficient access to and from any relevant site and provide sufficient unloading space, facilities, equipment and access to the power supplies for the Companies employees, subcontractors and /or agents to allow them to carry out the Services. The Customer warrant that the site where the Services are to be performed is, where necessary, safe, cleared and prepared before the Services are due to commence.
If any Services are delayed, postponed and/or are cancelled due to the Customers failing to comply with the Companies obligations, then the Customer will be liable to pay the Company additional standard charges from time to time for such delay, postponement and/or cancellation.
6. LOSS AND DAMAGE. In addition to the insurance, the Customer shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the Equipment from any cause whatsoever occurring after collection or delivery to the Customer and the Customer’s acceptance of the Equipment and before possession of the Equipment is returned to the Company. In the event of theft, the Customer agrees to immediately report loss to the Company and file a report with An Garda Síochána Customer shall keep the Equipment in its and tear excepted. In the event the equipment is lost, stolen, missing, destroyed or not returned for any reason, the the Customer shall be responsible for the cost to replace the same item with the closest comparably equipped model, at current retail priced less any discounts available, without deduction for depreciation. If the Equipment is damaged, broken or returned incomplete, the Company will make a determination of the extent of the damage and the required repairs. You and/or your representative(s) will have a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damage. In determining whether Equipment shall be replaced or repaired, the Company judgment shall be conclusive upon the Customer. The Customer shall also be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Company including but not limited to the daily rental value of the Equipment from the pick-up date until return, repair, and/or replacement. during the rental term.
7. INSURANCE. The Customer hereby agrees to insure the Equipment with an insurance carrier for the full value thereof; and shall name the Company as an additional insured and loss payee on their liability and equipment policies and shall provide the Company with a Certificate of Insurance upon demand by the Company or upon hire of the equipment. The insurance shall cover loss or damage in Ireland or abroad, in transit or otherwise. The Customer must notify the Company of the Customers intention to use equipment outside Ireland and gain their permission to do so. For rentals outside the Ireland, the Customer is responsible for prepayment of all customs duties, excise taxes, brokerage charges, shipping fees and taxes and/or other charges that may be imposed by any country.
Copyright 2019 © Scan Productions
Registered in Ireland 535981. | James Scanlan t/a Scan Productions